Apple hosted it’s April product launch event from Copertino, California with many new products, product updates and even some changes to existing services. During its April 20th announcement, Apple primarily focused on updates to Apple iPad, Apple TV, iPhone, iMac and introduced a new accessory line called the Air Tag. While this event didn’t announce new iPhone models (just a new iPhone 12 Purple), there were some significant product announcements. Here are our highlights from the Apple launch event:
Apple Air Tag -“Find My” gets a new companion
- Customizable, even add emojis
- Customizable and lots of accessories
- Track in-app.
- Precision finding using U1 chip in devices
- Pre-Order, April 23rd
- Hermes custom items are available.
- $29 for one, $99 for four-pack.
New Apple TV 4K
- Built with an A12 bionic processor
- AppleTV 4K support.
- HDR with high-frame rates and Dolby Vision compatible.
- Supports AirPlay with HDR
- AppleTV will work with iPhone and calibrate/tailor colours on TV
- The New Siri remote is a one-piece aluminum design with a new 5-way click pad touch-enabled.
- Support device/tv control.
- $179 for 32GB and $199 for 64 GB.
- Pre-order April 30th with availability in the 2nd half of May.
- New design with 7 colour options.
- New quiet design under 20db.
- 11.5 mm thin.
- New best-in-class display, 24 inches.
- 11.3 million, 4.5k display.
- P3-wide gamut, 500nits of brightness.
- True-tone support for environmental adjustment.
- Low-reflective coating.
- 1080p Facetime Camera, better low-light performance.
- 3 microphone array with beamforming.
- 6 speaker system built-in with spatial audio.
- Dolby Atoms enabled.
- Support for iPhone apps.
- 4USB-C ports and 2 thunderbolts.
- New power connector, colour matched cable with built-in ethernet.
- Keyboard options include Touch ID enabled options.
- Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse with colour-matched options.
- Starts at $1499 with 8GB of memory and 256GB SSD, including a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
- April 30th ordering begins.
New iPad Pro
- Now features M1 chip.
- 50% improvement in performance compared to the previous version.
- 40% better graphic performance.
- Support for Playstation and Xbox controllers.
- Improved storage access.
- 2TB option.
- USB-C compatible with USB4/Thunderbolt support.
- A 5G-enabled device with millimetre-wave.
- Ultra-Wide 12MP sensor with new “Centre Stage” software functions.
- Up to 12.9 size display.
- Up to 1000 nits brightness with XDR.
- HLG, HDR and Dolby Vision/ATMOS support.
- iPad Pro 11 inch starting at $799 and $1099 for the 12.9 inch model
- Order April 30th, with availability in Mid-May 2021.
Want to watch the whole event?
*All product featured is subject to availability and actual specifications/features are at the discretion of the manufacturer. This is not paid content.